Toy Cameras

Jun 28, 2012

I got a three new toy cameras (this is my small but growing toy collection). Diana F+, Holga 120N, & Split-Cam. They were ordered a while ago but things take their sweet sweet time shipping overseas. Before these came I only had instant toy cameras and I love those but I've wanted to play with film again. My first ever camera was film. I took photography in high school where we got to use the dark room and learn to develop our own photos. I miss taking pictures with a purpose, knowing I can't just delete the ones that don't turn out. I miss waiting for the film to be developed, anticipating the outcome of the pictures I took. The weather has been unseasonably cool so I'm still working on the rolls of film in these beauties but I'm already excited to see the results.
What is your favorite camera?

8 comments:

  1. These are so cool; love 'em! Yeah I remember the old 'film' days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took photography in high school too, and it was so fun developing the film, and waiting for the image to appear! Oh, and I loved the darkroom smell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking photos, I recently took my film camera out for a test and I got so many nice photos. I have a post about it if you want to check it out. I love your collection I wish I had all of them. Especially Split-Cam!

    http://chamomiledealer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun :) I love toy cameras! Have fun with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually getting my degree in photography, (well one of them) I LOVE film cameras. I have an old Minolta that my father got from a hichhiker in the 70s that I've used for years. there is just something magical about film to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here from Mom to Memphis and Ruby. Dig the cameras!

    xo,

    Allison
    http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is a great hobby and useful its out if the ordinary. I loved that class back in highschool it taught me all about development film and dark room and the chemicals use for the development etc. But the part that is fascinating was learning to take pictures of different angles and category I even practice climbing and taking pictures of my nephew from the roofs it was complicated but I got it done. And in the end the angles and the black and white came out as most professionals from magazines and paparazi
    Would taken it, themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a class in high-school that was actually fun. And educational I learn from development and using chemicals and been in dark rooms to actually the whole process of developing films it was fascinating I till this comes in handy I learn from taking pictures from angles most photographers won't dare to take to color enhanced and category of photos it's a major effort to learn this I even took pictures of my nephew from the roofs It was risky but in the end it was like I use a really expensive camera or professional equipment to take this pictures. I was proud.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!