My Husband Says

Jun 6, 2012


My husband likes to joke & tease & laugh. He's known as The Joker at work. Apparently he's a lot funnier there but I "wouldn't get it" so I guess I'll never know. This is really my life. He really says these things. And I laugh every time. Let the judgment begin.

*****

(out loud, to no one in particular)
Aaron: My back is itchy but I can't reach it... (gives me a LOOK)

*****

Aaron: I think & <----- looks like a guy rubbing his butt on the ground.

*****

(after a particularly long, unusual and tiring day)
Aaron: I'm half expecting a dancing taco when I turn the corner.

*****

(while putting together legos, yep he's a nerd)
Aaron: pew-pew-pew
I turn around to see him enthralled with a lightsaber battle.
Between lego people.

*****

(about some co-workers)
Aaron: I think the only reason these people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

*****

Aaron: Do you like Bush?
Sue: I need more context than that.

*****

(when feeling sick)
Aaron: Sing me Soft Kitty?

*****

Sue: You know why I don't like you to cook? You never do the dishes afterwards.
Aaron: Why would I do the dishes? I have a wife for that!

*****

(while waiting for a movie to start)
Sue: Isn't this music bugging you?
Aaron: I'm busy focusing on World Domination.

The man has priorities, what can I say?

11 comments:

  1. Great post - I'm cracking up over Soft Kitty!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUNNY!!! My Mr. says the strangest things too. I told him to finish my quote "The grass is greener....." (wanted him to say "on the other side" so I could tell him "no, where you water it."...& he knew it) He says: "By the septic tank."
    Smart Alick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. ohhh soft kitty!! I love that you guys love that song and reference it to Sheldon and Penny!! hahahahah and the legos pew-pew-pew..awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH GOD!!!
    The I love Bush was the BEST! Oh man. You've got a real winner. I can only imagine the wit that would be stirred up if (aka WHEN!) I come visit.

    But let him know I'm stealing the 'unfamiliar territory' quip. That one's too good to not be unleashed in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dishes comment is TOTALLY something my husband would say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! It must be fun at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. apparently our husbands have some of the same genes! the lego lightsaber and the wife dishes comment/situation has literally happenend/been said in our home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sometimes its funny. . .but other times it is so aggrivating!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! This is hilarious! =) I saw your guest post on Vintage Wanna Bee and came over to follow along. =)
    Alesha <3
    http://tobless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah! I think the last one, about thinking about World Domination, is my favourite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I don't get most of his humor, but I'm loving the "Do you like Bush?" convo and the dishes comment - SO something my hubby would say ; )

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!