DIY Instagram Art

Jun 26, 2012

I originally wrote this up for a guest post but I love the project so much I want to share it on my blog too. I'm the first to admit that I'm not big on DIY. I'm just not very good at it and if a project requires more than 4-5 items to complete it... well I give up. But this is a project EVEN I could do. And I loved it! 

We all love Instagram. I'm a little bit addicted. After taking the pictures & saving them to your computer do you do anything with them? (If you do I'd love to know!) I was itching for a project so I had to brainstorm. I'm sad to say I didn't come up with the original idea for this project, but I loved it so much I have to share it with you anyway.  

It's quick, easy, and you only need a few simple things: Printed Instagram pics (I printed mine at home but you can find several places to order them online), a blank canvasMod Podge (I used semi-gloss), and a paint brush. That's it. And the steps are simple too. 
  1. Gather your supplies and decide how you want to layout your pics.
  2. Start in the corned and use the Mod Podge to attach the photos until they're all nice and pretty.
  3. Seal the collage with another coat of Mod Podge to smooth everything out.
  4. Allow your Insta-Art to dry and hang it up for everyone to admire.
I also went to the trouble of cropping out the borders because I wanted them to all match, but that's in no way a requirement. You can do what you want- that's the beauty of DIY art & home decor. You can truly make it yours. Enjoy!

PS Want to win some awesome prizes from me (gift cards, blog design, awesome things like that)? Go herehere, and here.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing, definitely something I can do to spruce up my white bare walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great way to display insta-memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'll definitely be making one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'll definitely be making one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a genius.

    Really. I want to be crafty now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! Fun simple idea!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!