Pen & Paper

Jun 12, 2012

Today is one of those days that I really want to write something but I'm not sure what exactly. I guess we'll just see what comes spewing out of my fingers. I've begun writing with pen and paper more lately and I find I think more fluidly when I focus my attentions that way. There's something so magical about a pen and paper. It's always represented endless possibilities to me. You can turn it into anything. A notebook can hold your hopes, dreams, secrets, and stories. I collect them and fill then with whatever I deem worthy of a notebook. Not everything makes that cut.

My favorite notebook right now is my inspiration journal. It's a small, leather-bound book with hundreds of empty pages that are slowly being filled. When I find something that inspires me I add it there. When I'm looking for inspiration I read through my notebook. Sometimes I laugh at the things I've written in the past. As it turns out I'm not always a genius! Who knew. I've discovered though, you have to have non-genius ideas to get them out of your system so you can move on to the fantastic, amazing, beautiful ideas that you have trapped inside your soul. There is so much potential deep within. Don't judge too harshly, this is the beginning of something I've been working on.

To ride on the wings of angels
would be to taste forever.
Imagine forever-
the vast emptiness waiting to be filled.

I feel very exposed after writing that down. Yikes.
Today I find myself inspired by this song.


Where do you look for inspiration?

PS You can find me here and here today. They're both great reads.

6 comments:

  1. I just love journals and notebooks! Yes, there IS magic about writing on paper!! I get that! I might have a journal addiction actually...it is bad. Might go to a support group for it (we meet at bookstores ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it, girl! What a beautiful start to a poem! I love the feeling of having a new notebook, and I totally feel ya on the fact that not just anything qualifies : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of an inspiration journal...I used to keep a quotes journal and now just paste them into a document in my computer. Saying hi from His Little Lady- glad to check your blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of an inspiration notebook. What a great idea :) And I agree, sometimes you just have to get the ideas out of your head and down on to paper in order to move onto even better ideas! Maybe I need to start one of these journals ;)

    Obviously I have been out of the loop for quite some time, but I LOVE the new look and title of your blog! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez, sometimes it is so difficult trying to find a subject to write about. In my teen years, I used to quite depressed, but I was so inspired by sadness. Now that I'm happy it's difficult. Go figure ;o) I think my inspiration comes from seeing what's out there, what others are writing about and, of course, my little one Alivia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to write in a journal quite regularly, but definitely do it a whole lot less now that I blog instead.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!