Language Barriers

Jun 18, 2012

The language barrier here in Japan is awesomely entertaining. I find myself acting things out way too often- it's like a perpetual game of charades. I went to lunch with a friend the other day at a little Tex Mex restaurant (it's my fav). My friend wanted chips and queso and explained it to them as "cheese dip." They brought her back ketchup. What??

Anytime I watch a movie and see people driving on the right side of the road it throws me off for just a minute. It's funny the things you get used to when you live in a foreign country for 6 months. That's right- I've been here six months. Only 2 years left. I'm off to eat chips and guacamole now. Don't miss me too much my loves.

************************************************************

This picture was taken by Kristina @ From City Corporate to Suburb Mama.
Kristina says: I dream of being an amazing photographer but am a struggling photographer at best. Can I blame the camera? This picture was just so pretty and I was quite proud of myself! So, I love it!
When asked, what's something most people don't know about you,
Kristina says: Most people don't know that I've had 7 surgeries in my short life, all for very random things, like Osgood Schlatter's disease, falling down a flight of stairs and tearing tendon in my ankle to exploratory laparoscopies for possible endometriosis to carpal tunnel surgery in both hands after the birth of my first baby. Whew!
You can find Kristina elsewhere too.
Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram - Shop

This pic is from Kelsie @ My Beautiful Life
Kelsie says: Even though this picture is a bit blurry, and it was taken by my iPhone, it is still my favorite. I have a hard time getting my boyfriend to smile (his real smile) in picture, so any picture when I can see the smile I fell in love with is a favorite of mine.
When asked, what's something more people don't know about you,
Kelsie says: I am only 19! I have been in a relationship (with that cutie pictured above) for two and a half years, so most people assumer I am a lot older than I really am.
You can find Kelsie elsewhere too.
Blog - Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest

This pic is of Stephanie @ The Anecdote of My Life.
Stephanie says: I love this photo because it capture such a great emotion out of me. It is a strong empowering photo and by far one of my favorite pictures.
When asked, what's something most people don't know about you,
Stephanie says: I am extremely education driven! I have 2 degrees and I am working towards getting my masters and then I will hopefully attend medical school.
You can find Stephanie elsewhere too.
Blog - Fitness - Instagram

6 comments:

  1. bahahaha though I loathe ketchup I would crack up if someone brought it to me after I asked for cheese dip.

    I am loving all these ladies' pictures, you had such a great idea with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post!! And, happy 6 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japan?! That's so so awesome. I've never been, but can't wait to go one day. Such a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate with the Charade thingy. :) They also have difficulty in pronunciation with words that starts with "L" and "R".

    Konbanwa. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm TERRIBLE at charades. I think the Italians here think I'm an idiot. Our friend's daughter ordered a grilled cheese at dinner and ended up with slab of grilled cheese with a couple slices of polenta on the side. Our table couldn't stop laughing when the waiter set down the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at the cheese dip! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!