A Creative Keyboard

Jun 4, 2012

Did you ever notice how boring keyboards are? I've seen a few fun ones flying around the internet but I'll be honest- I love the simplicity of a small, wireless Apple keyboard. That doesn't mean I don't want a little creativity thrown in there. I also didn't want something permanent. My blog is proof of how often I like to change things up! The solution? Washi Tape. my.favorite.thing. And since I'm super cool really lucky, I live in Japan and can find it at any stationary story.
I was lucky enough to find lettered Washi Tape & I stuck with green & pink stripes as the alternates. I also didn't do the entire keyboard but I can always change that in the future.
And the best part? It doesn't leave sticky residue. When I get bored of this design I can peel it off. Or use my other Washi Tape to make a completely new design. The possibilities are endless. Like I said, my.favorite.thing.

22 comments:

  1. omg get out of town this is so cute! I'm pinning it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD SUE. Great minds think alike! I ordered washi tape off of etsy last week for this EXACT purpose. my next DIY (not really it's so easy!) project! I love yours...it's so cute :)

    <3Hima

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so great! I'm really loving that letter tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door!! That is sooooo stinkin' CUTE! LOVE your letter..I think my keyboard needs a new facelift! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So, will you be having a washi tape giveaway soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so fun! I love the tape with the letters. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh. So freaking adorable. I LOVE it and I am now going to be on the hunt for that tape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok so that's the coolest thing I've seen in awhile! I would totally do that to my laptop if I could find somewhere here that sold that tape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! :) I saw your tweet (I think it was twitter) where you said you were doing this and I was so curious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GAH!!!! I LOVE it! My friend also did something similar, and I can't get over how cute it is! Now, I just need to find me some Washi tape, to work on cute little projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sooo jealous. I want to do that to my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh I NEED THIS! it's so cute! where can I get this tape if I don't live in Japan? lol :)

    daydream frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw your keyboard on Instagram, I thought you had bought it!! Wow, good job!! I might have to do this to mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative! I love the style you've chosen but also like how you can so easily change it! What a fabulous idea...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG GENIUS! Seriously you could do an Esty shop for this...LOL - I'd want a cut for suggesting it of course ;)

    Seriously - I am jealous of your keyboard ... when did I ever think I'd think those words!!

    ♥ Shia (sorry for all the comments new follower catching up a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an awesome idea; I love it! It looks so cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great! I was just wondering, doesn't the tape's edges come off after a while?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the font on the letter washi tape....also loving the new blog look.

    Rosie xx
    p.s. I've been rocking the plaited pigtail: essential wind/knot prevention.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!