You Just Be You

May 25, 2013

When I was seven years old my grandma said to me, "You let the world be the world, and you just be you." It was something so simple and yet so powerful. It helped me to grow up with a strong sense of self and a knowledge of who I am. I could only be me and no one else could do that. Life is too short to be fake or unhappy. So here I am, twenty years later, still trying to just be me in a world that will always try to change me. Thank you, grandma, for those beautiful words of wisdom. I doubt you knew how much I would take them to heart.
xo Sue

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Today is my grandmother's birthday, but she died 13 years ago. I was trying to think of anything I remembered her saying, but nada! So totally special that you have a gift that meaningful from her. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!