The Story of Me

May 1, 2013

The story of me... Well it's written on this blog. The summary though? In 250 words? Yikes. Here it goes.

I was born 27 years ago. My mom had me naturally, not because she wanted to, but because I came out so quickly she didn't have any other choice. Then she went on to have 5 more babies. She just really loves babies. For the record, I love being the oldest of 6 children. My siblings are my best friends. 

I was always a child who knew what she wanted and wasn't afraid to get it. I was quite bossy (I can admit it now). I'm pretty sure it comes from being the oldest. I was the organizer (still am) and orchestrater of all things in our family. I started playing the piano when I was 7 and the flute when I was 12. I had my first ballet lesson when I was 6 and fell in love with dancing. I danced on my high school team and we won the state championship that year. It was pretty awesome. I dated a lot in high school and I had a lot more guyfriends than girlfriends. It wasn't until college and beyond that I made some real girlfriends.

When I was 19 I moved to New Jersey and worked as a live-in nanny for a wonderful family. They have 4 kids and I loved the craziness of it all. The two years there were some of the best I can ever remember. I vaguely remember having a crush on the guy that worked at the grocery store. It's probably a good thing I never asked him out but we did flirt a lot. 

When I was 21 I got married. When I was 24 I got divorced. It was very rough. At the time I felt my world falling apart and didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. In hindsight, my ex did me a favor by walking away. In those three years I also went back to college, worked various part time jobs, broke my ankle, and had to have ankle surgery. It wasn't all bad, I won't pretend that, but it wasn't all good either.

After all that, I moved to Washington and worked as an event planner for a beautiful lodge and that's where I met Aaron. We were just friends for a while but he slowly made his way into my heart and took up permanent residence there. We got engaged when I took a trip to Japan for a month. We spent our entire engagement apart but our wedding and honeymoon were worth the wait. 

Last June we got the surprise of all surprises when we found out I was pregnant. A few month later we found out we were having a girl. And then in February our sweet miss Everly graced us with her presence. Life has been a whirlwind since she arrived and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are a beautiful mess around here.

Okay, that's a lot more than 250 words. I guess I forgot how to count or something. And now I'm linking up with Story of My Life for Blog Every Day in May. I may or may not follow through with the "every day" part. Care to join? 

xo Sue

5 comments:

  1. Love love love the name everly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been seeing this blog post floating around.. I love it.. And I forgot how to do word count.But I think you're wayy over..lol but that's okay.. It was good! I love the name Everly! Never heard it before!

    ♥,


    Janette

    Janette Lane Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love second chances. I had to delete so many sentences yet I still went beyond 250.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!