3 Months Old

May 20, 2013

My baby is 3 months old today. 3 MONTHS OLD. How did this happen? I swear I just gave birth yesterday. So something I'm struggling with? My baby is growing way too fast. Way.too.fast. 


How does it go from the left photo to the right in just 3 months? It's so cliche to say, but it goes by so fast. So to celebrate 3 beautiful months of life I'll share a few things about our little love.

  • She has many names. Everly - Evie - Ever - Ever bug - love bug - lady - stinker (when she's being one). 
  • She smiles all the time and sometimes, when we're really lucky, she'll even laugh for us. Aaron is particularly good at getting our lady to laugh. Dads are just funnier than moms I suppose.
  • She likes to play with toys now. Anything that makes noise and goes in her mouth is a favorite in her book.
  • Speaking of putting things in her mouth, there is always something in her mouth. Even if I'm wearing her, she'll suck on the edge of the baby carriers. She particularly likes to eat her fist or my hair. I can't wait to get back to Utah and cut it! 
  • Our Ever girl also loves to stand. She can't do it by herself (not even close) but she's practicing those muscles and loves when Aaron and I help her up to stand. 

In short, my baby is growing. I'm loving it because she's becoming this whole person all her own. She has a strong personality and she's an absolute delight. But it's bittersweet because that newborn-ness has completely left and I'll never have my tiny one back. I'll cherish those precious memories forever and love every second of watching this lady grow. We completely adore her.
xo Sue

ps Did I just cop out on this writing prompt? Maybe. But the things I'm struggling with... my physical health, my husband losing his job, and my cross-continent move in a handful of days... I've talked about all of them during this challenge. I don't want to beat a dead horse. And now that I contemplate that phrase I realize how very strange it is. But I digress. 

Truly, it's hard for me to watch my precious girl grow. I'm also really struggling with taking care of myself though. My basic needs are met. I eat, I exercise, I sleep (sort of). But anything beyond that has sort of fallen to the wayside. I love this blogging challenge because it's forced me to sit down at my computer every day and take a few moments to do something that I love just for myself. I love writing. I love blogging. I've been taking an online photography course that has been so fun. I do these things at night. I tuck Everly into my ring sling and rock her to sleep. Then, with my girl strapped to me sleeping, I settle into my desk chair and write my little heart out. 

I've started to think of myself again, outside of being a mom. I'm remembering the things I want to do for myself. I'm remembering that if I want to be a good mother to Everly I absolutely have to take time for myself and nourish my soul. And I'm remembering that if I want to be the best example I can, I need to be strong for myself and my family, and not get lost in the shuffle of every day life. It's been rejuvenating. 
 
Want to keep reading? Follow me on Bloglovin'!

5 comments:

  1. Such an adorable little one you have! And such a sweet post.

    xxSusanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you handled this post! This is a real struggle you're going to experience probably throughout her life. Isn't it crazy how much they change at this stage of life, though?! She's a doll. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I just love her little lips! SUCH a doll, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little sweetie!!! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to scare you, but before you know it, she'll be three and tell you that she's NOT a baby any more.. Happened to me only a couple of weeks ago :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!