Something Difficult

May 16, 2013

Today's writing prompt: something difficult about your lot in life and how you're overcoming it. This is a hard one. I've already talked about how Aaron lost his job and we're moving across the ocean in less than a month. Those are the difficult things in life right now. But I don't feel like I (or we) have a difficult lot in life. I have Aaron. I have Everly. I have parents who love and support me, siblings who always make me smile, a niece that I adore, and friends who make everything good. I suppose some people may think my optimism is fake but it's not. I truly see the good in life and I'll always look for it, even when things are hard. Life is what you make it. You can be happy with nothing and miserable with everything.

But here it is, something difficult that I'm working to overcome. When I was 17 my boyfriend was driving me home. We were on the freeway and got rear ended by another car going almost twice as fast as us. Our car was thrown across four lanes of traffic. Needless to say, it was pretty bad. My back has never been the same since. I have horrible back issues and a crooked spine. While I was pregnant it was even worse because of the baby bump weighing so heavily on it. So to overcome the daily aches and pains I do yoga. During pregnancy I modified and did prenatal yoga but I kept it in my life. I stopped for a few weeks after having the baby (the doc told me I needed to) but I'm back into it now and it's amazing. I do yoga every morning when I wake up. Even if it's only for a few minutes, I make sure to get in those great stretches and exercises for my body. It's made a world of difference with how my back feels every day. I am so grateful for the blessing of that in my life.


xo Sue

5 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful attitude about this! I can't imagine being in constant pain like that, and I'm so glad that you've found something that is helping you through it.

    Good luck preparing for the move!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good attitude, Sue! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    -Jen
    http://booneandowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such good things about yoga, but I've never had (read: made) the time to get into it!

    And good luck with the move - I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys with this transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your view on life. It is so positive and how I try to live my life always.

    I missed your post on Aaron losing his job, so just caught up then. Good Luck with your future journey. Aaron losing his job may be stressful, but is probably a huge blessing in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh. Here you are. You know I once injured my neck... I thought it would kill me.

    Clearly you are a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!