Why I Blog.

Mar 22, 2012

I know I've been ignoring anything substantial on my blog when my mother texts me and says "You need to blog." My mom was my first reader and will probably be my last. When everyone else has gotten sick of my silly ramblings she'll still be there waiting every day for me to update. 


I've been thinking this week about why I blog. I sometimes share recipes but I'm not a chef. I sometimes do DIY projects but I'm not an artist (although I wish I was). I love taking pictures but I'm not a photographer (at least not yet). My husband is in the Air Force but I don't really talk about that, mostly because I don't have much to say on the subject. It's his job, he goes to work everyday, he sometimes has to go far away. It's part of my life. I live in Japan but we have a blizzard at least once a week and it's not really get-out-and-explore weather. I love clothes and make-up but I'm hardly an expert there either. I don't have cute children to write about and I don't have a baby growing in my tummy to give you updates on. Basically, I like a lot of things but there's nothing that's "my thing." 


I originally started blogging as a creative writing outlet. I love journaling and I've kept journals since I was a little girl. Blogging was just a more fun way to journal. Sometimes people read what I write and that's good. Sometimes they don't and that's good too. For me the important thing is that I'm writing and I'm putting myself out there. This is my life and my story and when it comes right down to it that's what matters. I love that I can look back on the last 5 years of my life because they're all right here for me. I can search labels for past ideas and posts. I can look at pictures and stories from the past and remember the little things that I'd otherwise forget. 


So really, I only blog for me. 
And I love each and every one of you that follow me on this journey called life!


Two other little things, while I'm here.


The first, Sunday the 25th is my birthday and I'm going to do a Vlog link up and a giveaway. You don't have to link up to participate in the giveaway but I would love it if you did! I'll post more about that tomorrow.


The second, it's getting to be that time again- the end of the month when we all switch up our sponsors. If you'd like to sponsor my blog for April I would love to have you! It's totally free, all I ask is that we do a swap. If you're interested email me at helloalsoiloveyou{at}gmail{dot}com. I love making new blog friends.


6 comments:

  1. I love this. I sometimes feel like I don't have a "niche" in blog world either. I mean me rambling about my life is hardly interesting some days. But to me it means so much more. So I am right there with ya.

    :)

    Oh and e-mailing you about sponsoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about blogging as a creative outlet...and blogging just for YOU. But it's so nice to have people appreciate what you DO share. I'm your newest follower! Check out my blog if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday is my due date! Wheee! I hope you have a great day (in case I am not available to email that day)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same feelings about my blog and why I keep it. It started with my husband's deployment and a way to keep in touch, but now is just a way for me to sort my thoughts and keep a journal of our lives. I think blogging for yourself is probably the best reason to keep one :)
    I'd love to swap for sponsoring, so I'll email you soon!
    Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love this because I am the same way. I don't really have lots of things other bloggers do (amazing style, a cool name, incredible talent), but I do it for me, because I enjoy it and I love making new friends! Happy early Birthday! that's my BFF's bday too : )

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree with you..i dont feel like i have a 'thing' either. yeh i post makeup tutorials and talk about God in my life...but i kinda feel im all over the place and i think THATs OK! :) I am so glad you blog because i love reading whatever you have to say and glad we 'met'!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!