Bad Dreams.

Mar 19, 2012

When I'm stressed out about something and I keep it hidden inside it usually finds other ways go come out, like in my dreams. And last night I had continuous dreams about my puppy dying today. I know this is all about to sound very dramatic but please keep in mind that he is my baby. I will never compare him to someones child because I know they're different and one day when I have kids I'll know the difference. But he is the only baby I have and I love him. 

Today Twink is going in for surgery. Usually neutering is a simple procedure and I wouldn't worry about it but Twink has a special circumstance. He only has one descended testicle so they have to do an exploratory surgery as well to find the second one. He also has a special condition (I forget what it's called) that can cause cancer if the testicles aren't removed in his first 2 years of life. So to be safe we're getting it all done as early as possible.

However, that means my poor baby has to have surgery while he's only 8 months old. He's only 6 pounds and they're going to knock him out cold for hours and search his tiny little body for something that could potentially harm him. I realize as I'm typing this that there's a 99.9% chance that I worry too much and I just need to figure out how to relax but my dreams kept me up all night so I'm not exactly thinking in those terms. I know this is a strange post but I wanted to write out my feelings because it always helps me sort them out. And it has. Wish us luck today!


10 comments:

  1. Lucy was 7 months when we got her fixed also and I was a nervous BASKETCASE! Everything went smoothly, and after I picked her up we just laid around together for the whole day. She mostly slept. I think it was actually more traumatizing for me :-)

    Tink will be just fine, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, surgery for anything even something simple and routine is very scary. I hope everything goes smoothly and Twink will be up and about in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes smoothly! Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of luck!! I was so freaked out when both my dogs got spayed and neutered. I'm sure it's just as nerve wracking with big dogs, but little dogs it really made me worry. I hope he will soon be curled up in your arms on pain killers. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you big, big heaps of luck today :)

    I know the baby-dog thing, I'm exactly the same with mine. It's really good that you're doing all you can for your little'ens health, castrastion has so many benefits health wise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine! What I do know though is how important dogs are. :) I'd be in the same shoes as you.. which is why Piston still has his male body parts. LOL.

    Hope all went/is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm creeping on your blog, but I just wanted to say my dog is about to go through the same thing! He has one testicle up inside of him too, as well as a hernia that needs to get stitched up, and it's a very expensive procedure (which is why it's not getting done until summer)...but I'm very scared! It's very safe, like you said, but surgery is surgery. It sounds like it all went well for you though!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!