Guest Post: Abby @ Diligent Joy

Mar 14, 2012

I want to introduce you all to Abby from Diligent Joy. I've known Abby for a few years and she has a wonderful blog. She has a beautiful outlook on life and a great sense of style. Today she's visiting to tell you more about it all. Enjoy!

********************************************************* 

Hi there. Sue asked me to write about whatever I wanted. I had a hard time choosing just one topic so I decided it would be fun to write a little about each of the things I love best in the world. If you like what you see and want more, come on over and visit me at my blog, Diligent Joy. It is all about me and my life and my devotion to happiness.  

I love being happy. Seriously, being happy is way better than being sad. I'm nearly 30 and thus far, I've had a really full life. There have been amazing moments as well as some pretty big bumps in the road. I've tried to learn from every experience, good and bad. I've tried to take some sort of lesson and growth away from every stage in my life.


I've learned that life is too short to stress over ridiculous stuff. I've learned that letting inconsequential things get you down is a waste of time- precious time that you will never regain. I've learned that if you love someone, you love them for all that they are and nagging at their faults will do nothing but make you and them miserable. I've learned that complaining is a waste of breath. Our words and thoughts have great power. If we think and speak negatively, we are going to feel all sorts of negative things and really, who needs anger, hatred, jealousy and frustration in their world? Not me. If we think positive thoughts and use positive words, we are going to get positive results. I know it because I've lived it. 

There are good days and bad days for everyone, certainly, but the good new is that we always have a choice about how we take them. I try to take everything with a smile and a positive attitude. I believe- no, I know- that happiness is a choice and that if we choose happiness, life is better. I love this life and am grateful for the opportunity to be better each day.
 

I love my family. My daughter, Harper, is the greatest miracle in my life. She is also the cutest little person alive. She loves Ariel, tutus, Angelina Ballerina, ice cream, beef jerky, and dogs. Colt is my husband and he's awesome- and sexy, too (we were married at the courthouse just over a year ago). I love him and still get butterflies when he calls me or walks through our front door. True story. I love our dogs, Hazelnut Valentine and Tucker Red Wild. They make each day better and happier and I can't imagine a day without them.

What else? I love reading and have since I was three years old. My favorite books are Wuthering Heights, The Old Man and the Sea, and Wicked. I love beauty products (seriously, I'm addicted). I have a series, called The Beauty Aisle, dedicated to hair and beauty on my blog (check it out here). I love yoga and hope to be a yoga teacher someday. I love music (I studied piano performance/pedagogy in college) and am actually a part time piano teacher. I also love cookies (nearly any kind), designer handbags, my Subaru, and the park (honestly, the park is one of my favorite places to go... Parks are totally underrated), and nachos.


I think that's about it for this guest post. If you want to know more about us, go here. If you want to follow my blog, please do so. I would love to have you. I can also be found on pinterestfacebook, and twitter. Thanks so much for reading and thanks a whole bunch to Sue for having me. Much love. 

1 comment:

  1. Abby is so cute! Love the pretty pics of her and her fam, and her perspective.

    Also, Sue - I tagged you! Check it out: http://passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com/2012/03/youre-it.html

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!