Backlash & Features.

Mar 8, 2012

This little post won't take long. I just wanted to say hello. My husband has a few random extra hours of play time today so I plan to enjoy it! Twink is excited because I promised him a trip to the dog park. I know that he can understand me when I talk to him in full sentences. 

I'll admit, I was surprised to see how much backlash came to my little blog from posting one video. This is why I never write anything political on here. If that video got such a response, political opinions would probably make me cry. I know it's a little thing, and people can say you're jumping on the bandwagon, but we have to start somewhere. So why not here? Pick something you care about, anything you care about, and figure out how you can help. It sounds cliche, but we are the future. What we do decides how the rest of the world is going to play out. Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power. This is why VOTING is so important. Yes, we're each just one little person but if you don't try to make a difference you're only hurting yourself. I know it's silly consumerism, but at least when I buy TOMS or Warby Parker's I can feel like maybe I've done a little bit of good. It doesn't matter how you choose to help the world, just choose something.

Wow, I feel a little like I was on a soap box. Excuse me for that! In other news I'm being featured on two other blogs today. I wrote all about Japan for Abby @ Diligent Joy. I've known Abby for years and hers is one of my favorite blogs to read. I'm also hosting a giveaway for Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby. She has a wonderful blog and I love reading her. Go say hello to them both, I promise you won't be disappointed.

And forgive my puppy obsession.
Twink is just too cute when he's playing.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the video, but you are right. Pick something, anything and support it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you got backlash from the video!! This is your blog, and you can post whatever your little heart desires! :)

    On a different note, I might be getting a dog today!!! I couldn't sleep last night, I'm so excited!! I hope he likes me!! :)

    Have a great weekend my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get a new layout? If not, then I think your "old" layout is super cute! Love it! :)

    You gotta stand up for what you believe in, and I'm sorry that people expressed a difference of opinion to you. But! It's YOUR blog! Say what's on your heart, girl! :)

    Cute puppy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pshh forget those negative nellies. it's like the saying goes, if you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all. and i totally agree with above comments...this is YOUR blog and you have the right to post whatever you want :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!