Not Everything

May 30, 2012


This is a reminder to myself. I have so many interests, hobbies, and activities in my life. I am the girl that does everything and doesn't know how to say no. One day I told Aaron we can't ever have kids because I already sleep maybe 6 hours a night and still don't have enough time in the day. How will I ever add children to that mix? I think I'd go insane. Literally. I don't know how you moms out there do it; have kids and be a functioning member of society at the same time. In my mind it's one or the other. I know it's not really that black and white but you get the idea... Sooner or later something has to give. So what do I change? What do I give up or say no to? I only do things that I love. The problem is I love a lot of things. I don't remember the last time in my life I was truly bored. Possibly on my 12+ hour flight from the States to Japan? But that was only because I didn't have a laptop and no matter how many sleeping pills I took my body insisted on being awake the entire time. I swear I was so drowsy I fell into my food tray and yet somehow was still awake. That's some skills my friends. But I digress. When you love lots of things and you want to do it all, how do you decide what to do and what to give up?

PS You can say hi to me here today if you'd like.

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I have lots of unfinished projects because I start one and then I want to do something else to so I start another one and don't have time to finish the other project. I need to learn to start and finish one project before I start another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a period of doing the same thing and I didn't sleep much either! I just look at my life and asked a some really hard questions. How important is this? Can it wait? Why am I wanting to do it? Is most of my to-do list completed?

    Things are still not perfect, but getting better! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm the same way sometimes. It used to be a lot worse than what it is now.

    Honestly the things that helped me were reading time management books, and focusing on the things I loved the most. It sounds redundant, but I would always give myself 'this or that' choices. If you do that often enough you start to weed out the hobbies from the really important things. I'm still learning and I still get about 4 hours of sleep a night (lol) and even the thought of adding kids to that mix makes me laugh with sheer insanity, but yeah! I'm getting there. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so true - i need to remind myself of this more often. often i just want to be able to do everything, and think that i should be able to - and am disappointed when i don't. thanks for sharing this.

    your newest follower,
    elisabeth

    lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband tells me all the time that I can't do everything. And it's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may remember that I tend to be super busy. I say yes to everything and try to take on a million projects.

    With Harper, it's a little different. I've had to learn how to adjust. I've had to pick and choose what I'll do. I love reading, exercising, yoga, and shopping. I do those things and let the other things I like wait for when I have more time.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog. It looks amazing and the title is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I need this reminder most days.

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting to an age where I gotta get going on the baby situation soon. Scary thought!! Cuz I feel the same way. How will I have time? I guess a baby won't give me any options. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!