Pen Pals are Awesome.

Feb 8, 2012

Amira @ Shades of Gray organized an awesome pen pal program a few weeks ago. She asked if we wanted a pen pal, we answered yes, we got paired up. Simple, right? And because of Amira I met Jane





Jane is a fellow milspouse and the lucky lady lives in Hawaii. Seriously, how jealous am I? You guys want to live in Japan with my 27 degree weather? I want to live in Hawaii! Jane has a cute Etsy shop called Jane's Cellar where she sells beautiful handmade creations that remind me of summer and romance. 





Of course I wanted one as soon as I saw them. Then I received a package in the mail for Valentine's Day from Jane, complete with my very own rosette necklace. It was even in the perfect colors for me (seriously, half of what I wear is pink/purple/red)! You can't top that. I absolutely love it and I'm already planning the perfect outfit to wear with it (possibly for Valentine's Day, even though we're staying in). Hopefully she'll love her V-day present half as much as I love mine!




PS On a completely unrelated topic... Does anyone else watch TV shows, get way too emotionally involved, and then feel really silly? I just caught up on One Tree Hill and I'm seriously feeling anxiety. Over a TV show. Judge me all you want, I've been watching it since season 1 way back in high school. Now I feel old.

10 comments:

  1. Awww, gorgeous necklace!! I'm so glad you and Jane hit it off, I love her :-) Thanks for sharing Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I love Jane. I'm glad you two hit it off! Japan seems so cold! 27 degrees? yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still slightly envious over the penpal craze! I don't know anyone outside the US! And what a beautiful necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have heard about this - how fun!

    And yes - I do that with TV shows and movies. I get waaaay too emotionally involved.

    Oh, and you feel old? I had already graduated from college when One Tree Hill came out. So, there's that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?! A penpal? FUN! I want one... like now haha How sweet that she sent you such a perfect gift! I get way caught up in tv shows, especially reality tv!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww yay! I'm so glad you got in and you love it! That makes me happy. I can't wait to get your letter. Mail leaving Hawaii seems to be much faster than mail coming into Hawaii. I am the same way with TV shows! I get a little upset at the end of a season when this big dramatic thing has happened and how will they deal until next season picks up again?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the necklace she made for you, so perfect for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get emotionally involved in TV as well.. it's my "dreamlife" most of the time. :)

    P.S. Love Jane and her stuff and your blog and lots of other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still irritated about One Tree Hill.. You are not alone. I should have listened to you. Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute! i love pen-pals. I have a handful, including my younger sister who lives an hour away! :) and yes! i do get emotionally involved in tv shows. i like one tree hill, but have missed some episodes. others include : the secret life of the american teenager (season premiering soon), hart of dixie, Parenthood and revenge to name a few ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!