10 Day You {10}

Apr 2, 2012

I've been thinking a lot about my little blog here. It started out as a way for me to document my life. It was purely for my entertainment. Then my family and friends started reading it. Then other bloggers started reading it. I haven't gone out actively looking to expand my readers until a month or so ago when a fellow blogger encouraged me into it but I've slowly gained readers over time. Then I thought about how I've never done an "about me" post because it all started with people who already know me. I still don't want to do an about me post because I'm not really sure what I'd say in it. I already know me so it's hard to think of what to tell others about myself. Then I found this really cute 10 Day You Challenge that I thought would be fun & also be a good way to let my readers get to know me a little better. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to start with one and work up to ten but I'm going to go the opposite direction and count it down. I also meant to start this yesterday but I got busy and forgot. Pretty typical for me. 


ten secrets
  1. I'm terrified by the prospect of one day having children but my husband is slowly trying to convince me it will be a good thing. He will win eventually.
  2. My body is not what I want it to be. I eat when I get stressed out. I know this about myself and I'm trying to change it but it's been a struggle and probably always will be.
  3. I like to read graphic novels. They're like picture books for adults and they usually have a dark and twisted theme, which I find fascinating.
  4. I don't like chick flicks. Yes, I just said that. I can count the chick flicks I actually enjoy on one hand. I'm prefer an action/comedy/horror/psychological thriller to a chick flick. My husband is very lucky in that regard because I never make him watch them with me.
  5. I have a love/hate relationship with books that are made into movies. I love to see them come alive but I (almost always) hate the changes they make to the stories. I also think some of the very best movie ideas started out in book form. 
  6. I have more than one best friend. I know that's contradictory in itself but I don't care.
  7. I am obsessed with music. If I go to long without listening to music I begin to feel antsy. I always have at least one iPod+headphones with me and I'm usually humming or singing to myself.
  8. I need things to be neat and organized. Our shelves in our (very small) house probably look messy to other people but I know exactly what's on each shelf and exactly where things go and to me that is neat and organized.
  9. I've been trying my hardest to minimize the amount of "stuff" that Aaron and I have but it's hard. Since I moved here with one suitcase and one backpack it's mostly my husband's stuff that takes up space in our house and oh my goodness, he has way too much stuff. 
  10. It's been really hard to come up with 10 "secrets" and I ended up just telling you 10 little known facts about myself. And since that's not a secret or a little known fact I'll end with this: I was never an animal person until we got Twink. That little man (who is affectionately called "Sir" when he's being naughty) came into my life and made me a crazy dog lady. I completely blame him and his adorable face.

Also, I'm linking up here today because Spring to me is the time of new beginnings. 
This project is my new beginning!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm pretty sure Twink could make anyone a dog person. Look at that face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I love how honest you are. It makes a good blog great :) o and you're right, Twink is precious. We can be crazy dog ladies together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have thought about doing this myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, so i just saw "crazy dog lady" and now i have to follow. i am crazy dog lady #2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I may have to do this, how cute. :)

    P.S. aren't dogs the best at turning you into crazies? I thank P everyday for that... :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!