A Family Tradition

Nov 14, 2013

We have a tradition in our tiny family to take a picture every year on our anniversary. It started sort of accidentally because obviously we had pictures taken on our wedding day. The next year we just so happened to take our Christmas card pictures on our anniversary. And so the tradition began.

In my mind our anniversary is not only a time to celebrate our love, but to celebrate the day our family began. That's why I love family pictures on our anniversary, to see how much we've changed in a year. This year I was so excited to take our picture, but because of extenuating circumstances (more on that a different day) I spent exactly 5 minutes of our anniversary with my husband, and none of it with my daughter. I wasn't sad about that. I was exactly where I needed to be. But I was a little sad that we didn't get a family picture taken. So the next day we were walking together, all three of us, and I happened to have my DSLR in my hand. I decided that a day late was better than not at all and we took a family self portrait. It's perfect.


xo Sue

3 comments:

  1. This is a great tradition! I love it. My husband and I got married twice (oh visas) and so we have different traditions for our different anniversaries - it's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!