The Perk of Pregnancy

Nov 21, 2012

We've all heard (or been) pregnant women complaining. Pregnancy is no.fun. You're nauseous (if you're lucky like me that never goes away...), you ache all over, you're constantly tired (I slept at least 12 hours a day my first trimester), you can smell everything in a 10 mile radius, your back hurts every day, you can't sleep more than 4 hours straight, your hormones make you feel like a crazy person. Seriously, the list goes on (and every woman's list is different).

And yet somehow I love being pregnant. Because there is no feeling in the world that has ever come close to my daughter moving inside me. She does it all the time (and has for over 10 weeks now) and I get choked up every single time. It's the purest definition of magic that I can ever give. I never realized how much love I am capable of until this little miracle grew inside me. I now understand how much my Mommy loves me and it makes me appreciate her even more than I did before.

Most days I stare at my stomach in awe. Even though I know what's going on with my body I'm constantly amazed that she is there. She is tiny and perfect and she will be a part of this world so soon. We have just over 12 weeks left. That's it. I remember when I was 12 weeks pregnant, we'd just gotten our first ultrasound (I cried a lot) and I was feeling so icky that I was sure it would never end. Now the end is near and I'm feeling so many emotions that I can't even contain them all.

I wish I could share this feeling with my husband. When I'm busy vomiting in the toilet or staring at a blank wall because my body hurts too much to sleep, I sometimes think that he's so lucky he doesn't have to feel this way. Then Baby Girl will kick me (she ALWAYS knows just when I need it) and I realize that no, I am the lucky one. I get to feel this precious miracle moving, kicking, and rolling inside of me. If I rest my hand on my stomach she will move into it. If I sing to her she'll respond with wiggles. If I play music for her she'll kick in time with the beat. And no matter how I explain that to Aaron he can never truly feel the magic of it.

Somehow her wiggles make up for all the bad. They make it bearable. They make it all worth it. They even make me love being pregnant.

And just for fun, here's my little lady at 27 weeks! She's taking her sweet time popping out but I'm okay with that. She's my daughter which means she's extra stubborn and she'll do things on her own schedule. It's probably better if I just accept that now.

xo Sue

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You certainly aren't having a good pregnancy. That's a pretty dismal picture you painted! Just wanted to let your future parent readers know that not everyone has these problems. I was never sick, no back aches, worked full time until 10 days before my delivery, and other than a swollen tummy, no problems with either one of my girls. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. Believe me, though, once that little chicka joins the world, you will never give those problems another thought! At least, I don't think you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting so close! I cannot wait to be able to feel my baby move. I've heard it's the best feeling and I'm so excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I felt a little baby kick when I was laying down the other day, but I honestly don't know, because I feel like it's still a bit early.

    I'm still at the point where it just doesn't seem real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! I love the outfit! You're so close to having her! It's funny that you've already accepted she's going to be stubborn :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree those precious moments/ Feeling your baby move inside of you is amazing. I miss those tiny kicks and jabs even though I was miserable at the end of my last pregnancy. My baby will be three in may.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were so, so cute pregnant. You wore it so well and were absolutely glowing the whole time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I felt the same way! While I didn't love it, I did enjoy it. I miss feeling munchkin kick:)

    Thanks for linking up at Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!