Thai Peanut Chicken Curry

Nov 15, 2012

Okay, I don't know how many of you readers enjoy Thai food but my husband and I love it! Especially when you involve peanuts in the mix. I found this recipe on Pinterest... (big surprise) but have changed it up a little. I read the reviews before I attempted it and most people said they altered it. The first time I tried it, I stuck fairly close to the original recipe and it was okay, not fabulous. Well, tonight was my second attempt and I changed it up quite a bit and LOVED IT!!! This was what I was looking for the first time around so I am glad I gave it another chance. So.... here is my wonderful (if I do say so myself!) version of:

Thai Peanut Chicken Curry


Ingredients:

2 medium onions, cut into wedges
3 medium carrots, sliced
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken, cut into small chunks
1 cup chicken broth
4 Tbsp chunky (or creamy) peanut butter
1/2 tsp finely shredded lime peel
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
4 tsp red curry paste
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas (I left it out this time because Aaron doesn't like them much)
chopped peanuts (optional)

Directions:

1. In a slow cooker add onions, carrots, and peppers.
2. Top veggies with chicken.


3. In a medium bowl, mix broth, peanut butter, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, tapioca, ginger, curry paste, and garlic well. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Cook for 5-6 hours.


4. Ten minutes before serving stir in the coconut milk (and peas if desired). Cover for 5 minutes more. Serve over rice and sprinkle peanuts on top.


Though there are quite a few ingredients in this dish it is worth it! Most of them save well until the next time you use them. My family has really enjoyed this tasty dinner and I hope that you will like it too! Let me know how your experience goes :)
xo Shelly

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this Shelly, Thanks! Aunt Becky Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! We love Thai and (like you) especially anything with peanuts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!