Pumpkin Cake

Nov 9, 2012

Hello to all of Sue's blogging friends! I will admit I laughed internally when Sue asked me to blog with her... If any of you have checked out my family blog you will see that I am just beginning this blogging thing and still have a lot to learn. My first thoughts were 'what on earth will I write about?" Luckily Sue said I can post about my Pinterest attempts which I am enjoying!

That aside, this first recipe was given to me by my neighbor out of an old cookbook. I made this last night for a small ward holiday party and it was a huge success for most people. My husband told me it tastes just like pumpkin pie (which he is not a huge fan of anyways) so I will leave it for you to decide for yourselves. I enjoyed this seasonal dessert very much!


Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients: 
Crust- 
1 package yellow cake mix (save out 1 cup)
1 egg
1/2 cup melted and cooled butter

Middle-
1 (1 lb 13 oz) can pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk

Topping-
1 cup cake mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, softened

Directions:
Crust- Combine and press in bottom of greased 9x13 inch pan.


Middle- Mix ingredients and pour over top of crust.


Topping- On top of middle, crumble up topping mixture. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Check middle with a toothpick. Top with whipped cream if desired.


Yields 12 large servings.
Enjoy!
xo Shelly

1 comment:

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!