February Intentions

Feb 3, 2014

I'm not really sure how to do these intentions posts. Do I recap last month? Is that boring for everyone but me? Probably but I suppose I'll do it anyway because it holds me accountable. Also this is my blog and my record of our life so I can do what I want, right? One of my 2014 intentions for the year was to take a family picture every month and here is January. It's taken in bad light with an iPhone but we got a picture of the three of us together. That's quite rare.


The other 2014 intentions I've made progress on are writing on the blog 2-3 times a week (did it for January!) and read 1 book a week. For the four weeks in January (I didn't count that tiny partial week) I read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, Requiem by Lauren Oliver, and The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer. The first two were good, the third was okay, the fourth was fantastic. If you're looking for a recommendation read that one! And as for finding happiness and loving myself, I've definitely been doing some of that. I'll write more about it a different day though.

For my January only intentions I did pretty well. I don't remember exactly how often I painted my nails but I do know I had nail polish on them every single day (though some many days it was chipped). I wanted to go to the gym with Aaron at least three times a week. I went five to six times a week on my own and Aaron joined me about half the time. So I think I can count that one as finished. And my birth clients, oh my sweet pregnant mamas. I don't officially have any new clients but I've got meetings or phone interviews set up to chat with a few ladies who are looking for a doula. It's been slow starting but I'm dedicated more now than ever and I will do this.

As for February intentions...
  • I will continue to grow my doula business and search for women to connect with.
  • I will go to California for a Sacred Pregnancy retreat so I have something new to offer my birth clients. 
  • I will continue going to the gym and loving my body. 

Simple and sweet, just the way I like them. Also, I will not cry (too much) when my baby turns one. If you made goals/resolutions/intentions how are you doing on them? They're hard to keep up with some days! 
xo Sue

2 comments:

  1. oh, the interestings sound interesting haha - I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! I read it as part of the A Beautiful Mess book club and loved it!

      Delete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!