Season of Love

Feb 14, 2014

I've always found it sad that a holiday dedicated to love gets so much hate. What is so bad about a holiday that celebrates LOVE? I know when people think of love they think of romantic, passionate, must-have-you-now love. That's not what it's always about. In fact, life rarely is about that kind of love! It's about the love of your family, the love of your friends, the love of yourself. This lovely holiday I want to share just a few of the things that I'm celebrating today, the things I love.

  • Aaron, of course! He's my lover.
  • Everly, the tiny love of my life. The person who taught me about love, really.
  • My family, all of them. They're spectacular.
  • My friends, I can't list you all separately because this list would be too long. You are wonderful!
  • Myself. This year of falling in love with myself has already been fantastic. I am really great.

Last year on Valentine's Day Aaron and I stayed in and had a sweet dinner together (our tradition is to cook dinner at home rather than go out). We talked to my huge belly (I was 39 1/2 weeks pregnant!) and told her that perhaps she could come out and we could meet her. We didn't realize we only had one week until that request was fulfilled! There was so much love in our world then, and it didn't even compare to the love that fills our world now. Everly Eden, you make my world beautiful. 
And to all the Valentine's haters: Just.Stop. It makes you seem bitter. (If you want a thoroughly entertaining view on the problem with Valentine's Day click here! "Less complaining. More sexy rumpus.")

xo Sue

10 comments:

  1. So true.. I hate the haters.. which is probably an oxymoron or something.. but seriously. Love your love list. You are definitely lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understand who could hate Valentine's Day either! It's a fun holiday you get to plan a special date night. What isn't to LOVE about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly some of my most memorable Valentine's Days were ones I spent single! I've always loved it!

      Delete
  3. Exactly! It's about love, not just romantic love. There's plenty of people around to love ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! One of my best Valentine's days ever was one I celebrated single!

      Delete
  4. I completely agree. Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love of all kinds, not just love between couples. Plus the treats are always really yummy. Haters need to stop hating or hate in silence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! And I'm pretty sure treats are the point of the whole day anyway. Hello giant heart-shaped boxes of chocolates!

      Delete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!