The Sweetest Moments

Dec 18, 2013

Yesterday was... I'm not sure of the right word. It was good in the sense that I spent it with my sister and our babies. Our daughters played together (they are the best of friends) and her sweet son just snuggled because lets face it, you can't do much more than that at one month old. We indulged and had yummy food for lunch. I got a few errands done. But there was lots of bodily fluids from babies (they were gross... we'll leave it at that) and most of them landed on poor Shelly. And there were other things that made it not such a wonderful day. In our family I'm the fixer. I fix everyone's problems and I like it that way. I like being the one my brothers and sisters and even on occasion my parents come to for help, love, and advice. I love being that person (I'm not the only one though, my family is full of loving fixers). It made me sad today that there were things I couldn't fix. Things out of my control that I couldn't make better. Except with pizza and chocolate and diet coke, but not really better. That's hard for me, to just let things be a little broken for a while. Sometimes they can't be fixed. Or they can, but not by me. I'm learning to accept that, especially where Everly is concerned. It is so hard, learning that I'm truly not in control of anything

If nothing else good came from today, this picture did. Everly and Lizzie were sitting together in the back seat of the car. When I looked back to check on them this is what I saw. There is nothing more tender in the world than real loving connections. E is lucky she's found a best friend so young. 


xo Sue

3 comments:

  1. I am going through the exact same thing right now with a friend....she's having the worst of times and I feel there's nothing I can really do. It really sucks feeling helpless to help. But I know from being on the other side of it that just being supportive makes all the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this photo on instagram and it melted my heart. I took Remy and a friend's baby (and the friend) to the airport today. Instead of holding hands and being cute Remy just cried every time my friend's baby looked at him. LOL!

    And I second what Patricia said - it sucks to feel helpless. I'm still working on letting go of my control issues. It's going poorly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!