A Break From It All

Sep 11, 2013

I'm taking another break from blogtember. It's been so much fun to this point but I would be ungrateful if I didn't pause today and remember. Thirteen years ago today. We all know what happened. A national tragedy, a terrorist attack, an unthinkable act. Did your world stop turning? I remember the feeling so well. The feeling that nothing was ever going to be the same. And I was right.

My husband enlisted in the Air Force three years later (as soon as he was old enough) and he sites the 9/11 attacks as the fuel for his fire. Before he'd wanted to enlist and serve his country. After he was even more determined. He was inspired to join a cause, to fight for something, to make a difference.

The world we live in, a world at war, is a scary one. The world Everly is growing up in is very different than the one I grew up in. But it's because of brave men and women, the everyday heroes, that we can carry on without fear. The way to let them win is to stop fighting. And we will never do that.

We will always remember. We will always fight on.

1 comment:

  1. I scares me a little too.
    We can't help but be concerned for the work our little ones will grow up in. Everly will be so proud of all her daddy has done when she's old enough to understand :)
    Always love seeing your stuff on here. And your self portrait post - fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!