Be That Woman

Aug 9, 2013

I am stepping up. Past the doubts, the fears, and the what if's. Past the worries of not being good enough or being rejected. Past the stress of failure and disappointment.

I'm getting back to real life after living in the new mom blissful/exhausted bubble. And I'm stepping up and going after things I really want. It's terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. Twice this week I stepped outside of my box, my comfort zone. The first was to apply to be a website administrator for a movement that I truly, deeply believe in. The second was to apply as a contributing writer to a blog that I adore. I've heard back (and got the position!) from the first and I just applied for the second yesterday (fingers crossed!). It's amazing to find opportunities that make my heart so happy.

Since giving birth to my darling Ever I've been trying to figure out how it all fits back together. She is the center of everything and I want her to have a mother who she looks up to. A mother who isn't afraid to tell life "I want this" and then go for it. A mother  who sometimes fails but learns from it and does better next time. A mother who chases her dreams. I desperately want my daughter to have that kind of mother. So I have to be that woman.

I have to look for and GRAB new opportunities. Rarely do they come looking for me. I have to know what I want from my life and go out and get it. I hope to teach my sweet Ever that she can do anything with hard work, determination, and belief in herself. And I suppose the best way to teach that is by example.

My mom and I watched the finale of The Office today (so good by the way!) and something Pam said really struck me. She said "I took so long to do so many important things." I don't want to look back on my life and feel that way. I don't want to wish I'd started something a year ago. I don't want to regret not taking an opportunity just because I was nervous or I thought maybe it wouldn't work out right.

I'm doing this now. I'm diving in head first. I'm chasing after what I want and I'm becoming the mother and woman I truly want to be. For me and for her. It's time to seize the day!


11 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope everything goes well. Fingers crossed for the other job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new positions!!!!! I love you so much :D Reading this was very inspiring. You are an awesome woman. And I'm not sure which I love more, Everly's eyes, or her chub legs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! I've been trying to put myself out there more but it can be scary. And I love them both! ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! And go you for being the change in yourself that you want to see. So hard and important all at once.

    I sometimes feel this way too, though haven't gotten to the point of actually doing anything... I'd love to hear how you found about the writing opportunities and what they will entail. If there's anything that I'd like to potentially get into, it's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has struggled with this a bit! xo

      Delete
  4. Such a great post!! That's what pushed Kevin and helped us make this move! It's hard to take a leap of faith because there's always that chance it won't work out but it's so great when it does! And failure is just apart of life so we have to accept that too! I love that quote from Pam btw! Good luck Sue and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cuz! It's definitely scary, but totally worth the risk.

      Delete
  5. Love this- man, who knew The Office was so poetic? Great line.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!