Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

Oct 5, 2012

Aaron's favorite treat in the world is peanut butter cups so when I found this recipe on Pinterest I had to try it out. They were a definite hit! And (like always) so easy. Admittedly, my peanut butter cups didn't turn out as pretty as the ones from the original poster but they tasted so yummy that I don't think Aaron noticed.

Peanut Butter Cups 
  • 16 oz semi-sweet chocolate
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup+2 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Melt half the chocolate (double broiler or microwave). Divide the chocolate evenly between the 12 cups. Drop the pan on the counter repeatedly to flatten the chocolate out. Freeze for 15 minutes. Whip peanut butter, butter, and sugar together until it's smooth. Divide the peanut butter mixture evenly between the 12 cups. Drop the pan on the counter repeatedly to flatten the chocolate out. Freeze for 15 minutes. Melt the other half of the chocolate. Divide evenly between the cups. Drop the pan on the counter repeatedly to flatten the chocolate out. Refrigerate your finished cups.

xo Sue

6 comments:

  1. Ahh I should NOT have read the recipe for this. Was hoping it would be much more complicated so I would have a good reason not to make it immediately... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm that sounds so amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here! Yum that looks so good! I need to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum-o! I so need to try this. Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds surprisingly easy! I love the idea of making them yourself, sounds like a fun project for an ordinary night. My hubby and I love pb cups - definitely need to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!