DIY Maternity Tunic

Oct 10, 2012

Like most things I've posted lately, this is my version of a DIY I thought would be fun. I LOVED making this tunic. It was very easy and turned out so cute. I wear it when I want to be a little dressy, but not so much that I actually want a dress. Does that make any sense? It does to me. I got the tutorial from one of my favorite creative inspiration blogs, A Beautiful Mess. The instructions are quite easy.

  • Start by buying 2 yards of jersery fabric. My BFF Jess brought this with her from the States when she came to visit back in August because it's nearly impossible to find here in Japan. 
  • Use a model (we used me since I'm the one it was for) and drape the fabric how you want it to go. Make sure it's fairly even in the front, although you can trim it up if you need to.
  • Mark your arm placement and cut arm holes- a 5 inch straight slit for each side.
  • Trim up the edges and hemline so they look pretty, straight or curvy, it's up to you.

Simple & cute. My favs when it comes to maternity clothes.

xo Sue

14 comments:

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!