An Adventure in Meal Planning.

Jan 16, 2012

I've begun to try out meal planning. I absolutely hate the question "What's for dinner?" Especially when I have to follow it with "I don't know, what do you want?" So I'm putting a stop to it. I got a monthly calendar & planned out meals for a week. And then two. It was so fun to think of new things to eat! I searched Pinterest for all those recipes I've pinned to make one day but never gotten around to, along with all my favorite food blogs and came up with a simple meal plan, fit for two people. So far the result has been a happy wife for Aaron and a happy husband's tummy for me. That's a win-win in my book. 



One of my favorites were these Chicken Roll-ups that were so easy to make and I had leftovers for lunch the next day.


One of Aaron's all time favorites is wings so I took a bunch of frozen ones, poured on the teriyaki sauce and let them marinade for 2 days in the fridge. Then we baked them in the oven and added cheesy scalloped potatoes! It was a delicious meal.


For an added treat Aaron came to help me in the kitchen and we made these incredibly easy & equally delicious donuts. They were perfect!

So far I really like meal planning. We'll see how it lasts.

5 comments:

  1. You're totally inspiring me! I think buying a cute calendar is all I need to spur this initiative into action. Oh and I completely forgot to get back to you. Let's swap buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this blog...its all about meak planning! Thisweekfordinner.com. Great ideas, great photos and its my sister so shes tooootally awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doughnuts sound yummmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meal planning makes life a whole lot easier! Especially when life is busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these all made my mouth water!! You go girl, with all of your meal planning! I wish I could be that organized :-/

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!