Eleven Months Old

Jan 22, 2014


My sweet baby girl. Somehow time keeps passing by. I've never noticed how quickly it does that until this lady came into my life. This month I tried to keep a list of all the new things she learned because they were so amazing to me. And there were so many! I know I didn't manage to keep track of them all, but these were just a few of my favorites. Everly...
  • Waves
  • Smacks her lips
  • Says "yeah" to questions
  • Drinks from a straw (it's very messy)
  • Holds her arms out to be picked up
  • Brings me things to share 
  • Says "uh-oh"
  • Head bangs (daddy taught her that one, then she taught Lizzie)
  • Climbs in and out of the toy car
  • Says "da-dy"
  • Climbs down from the bed and couch
  • Pushes her shopping cart around the house
  • Clicks her tongue
  • Gives hugs when she's asked
  • Gives kisses (sometimes with tongue)
  • Runs from "I'm gonna get you!"
  • Tries to sneak and get dog food
  • Understands "No"
  • Walks backwards
  • Runs
  • Slides my iPhone on
  • Stomps her feet quickly and laughs 
  • Points to 'nose' (hers and others)
  • Climbs onto everything

The list could continue. She has grown and changed so much in the last month, it's just amazing to me. She has four beautiful teeth now and nurses like a champ with them. At first they were painful but now I hardly notice them. Fun fact: Everly had no interest in her pacifier until we moved to Utah. Once she saw how much Lizzie loved hers, Everly decided that a pacifier was indeed for her. I don't mind though, she's only little for a very small amount of time. We're still loving the family bed. Since we don't have a king sized bed we've taken two queen sized mattresses and pushed them together to make all three of us comfortable. She takes up 2/3 of one, Aaron takes a whole one by himself, and I'm squished into the 1/3 that's left between the two of them. And I wouldn't have it any other way. She's gained maybe 1/2 a pound over the last month but she's so active that I believe it. 

Everly loves to run, jump, climb, and play- all things I didn't think I'd say before one year! Next month I'm prepared to shed a lot of proud/happy/nostalgic mama tears over the first birthday of my sweet lady. I am not ready but it's coming anyway. I'm planning a fun little party for some family and close friends the weekend before her birthday. It's going to be so wonderful to celebrate Everly with the people we love. 

xo Sue

2 comments:

  1. The first time my baby holds his hands up toward me to be picked up I am just going to die because my life will be complete. :-) These are such precious moments, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!