Past & Future

Jun 2, 2013


10 years ago... I was a junior in high school. I was on the drill (dance) team and we'd just won the State championship. That was pretty awesome.

5 years ago... I was going to school at the University of Utah (the same place Aaron's going soon!) as an English major. Because I'm a nerd. I was also married (not to Aaron).

1 year ago... I was already pregnant and had NO idea. It was the best surprise I never saw coming. Seriously, I was 6 weeks along before we even found out because it was so far from my mind. She had other plans.

Now... I'm snuggled up to a sleeping 3 month old baby. She is the most precious thing in the world. I cannot believe she's been in this world for 3 months already. I feel like I just gave birth to her.

1 year from now... I'll (mostly likely) have a walker in my home. Perhaps a talker too? That seems way too soon. My youngest sister will be graduating from high school which officially makes me old.

5 years from now... My baby will be ready for kindergarten. I'm already considering (and leaning strongly towards) homeschooling. I won't say for sure until it gets here though.

10 years from now... My newborn will be 10. And I don't even want to think about that because I'll never be ready for it. I just decided that Everly is never allowed to grow up. Ever.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! What a fantastic idea for a post! I might have to steal it at some point. :-) You have such a beautiful family.

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought about Christmas this year and how she'll be 9 months when we go home. NINE months? that's ridiculous! i'm so torn between wanting her to grow up and desperately wishing time to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO UTES! :) The University of Utah is my alma mater as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!