Leaving Japan

Jun 12, 2013

Today is the day (we're in Tokyo right now). Our bags are packed. Our household goods have shipped. Our passports are ready. We're moving! Aaron has lived here for three years now and I've lived here a year and a half, although I came here to visit for the first time almost exactly two years ago. What a whirlwind this has all been! We've been lonely sometimes, living so far from our family and friends, but together we've grown and learned so much. When we were first married it was just us here. No one else to help or hurt our relationship. Aaron and I learned so much together and built our marriage to be strong. I am so grateful for those first days of ours and that we spent them alone and in love.

A few weeks from now marks the day we found out we were having a baby. That was an exciting day! When we got married and I moved to Japan I never thought we'd be having a baby here. Ask anyone, I was against a Japan baby. I wanted to be married for a few years and really enjoy each other before we added another person to the mix. Life (and Everly) had other plans and I will forever be grateful for that. The day she was born was the happiest of this beautiful life.

And our home, oh our happy little home. What a beautiful place to spend the first year and a half of being a family! As we watched the movers pack our entire life into six wooden crates we talked about all the happy times we've had there. It was a great way to say goodbye to our happy little space.

Now we're in Tokyo, waiting to board our plane back to the States. What a fun experience this has been. We've laughed and cried and said our goodbyes. We're ready for a new adventure. We're so excited to see where life takes us next.

xo Sue (and Aaron and Everly)

1 comment:

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!