Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

Dec 5, 2012

I really do love to cook. What I don't love is deciding what to cook (or cleaning up after myself but it's part of life). So last week I was making my grocery list and having a hard time actually putting anything on it. I opened up my Pinterest food board and told Aaron to pick two things he wanted me to make. I didn't have to decide and I still got to cook delicious food. Win-win. 

My husband is from Kansas City, Missouri and they take their BBQ very seriously there. He spends the entire summer grilling for me and I love it. When winter strikes I rarely get home cooked burgers, steaks, or ribs and I definitely miss it. So when Aaron said he wanted me to make him ribs I was a little nervous. He's very picky about his BBQ (and now so am I)! But I found this recipe for crock pot BBQ ribs and decided I'd at least give it a try. Now I'm so glad I did because we definitely have a new favorite in our home.


Crock Pot BBQ Ribs
  • 2.5 lbs ribs (approx)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp paprika
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
Mix paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and s&p together in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over your ribs, covering both sides. 
Put the ribs in your slow cooker by propping them up against the sides, thicker side down, meat side against the wall. Pour BBQ sauce all over the ribs. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low. Line a baking sheet with foil and move the ribs from the slow cooker to the baking sheet, bone side up. 
Strain all the remaining juice from the slow cooker into a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil and simmer to reduce the sauce, about 15 minutes. Turn on your oven broiler. Brush the ribs with your sauce and broil about 4 minutes. Flip the ribs over, brush them (generously!) with sauce and broil for 8-10 more minutes. 
Serve any remaining sauce on the side with the ribs. And enjoy! Seriously, these pictures do not do the ribs justice (sorry, they're from my iPhone!). If there is one recipe from our blog that you ever try this should be it. Aaron is already asking me to make it again.
xo Sue

3 comments:

  1. Seriously. I had to look at this just before bed. Now I'm going to have to get a snack and brush my teeth again. Thanks for that. :)
    And yes, we do take our BBQ VERY seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,I can't wait to try your recipe. It looks so yummy! I agree with your friend. It is time for breakfast right now and thanks to you I am craving ribs! Totally gross:) (Sue's first baby words)!
    Love you, Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. truth...
    the one and only time i ever made ribs, when i went to take them out of the oven, all that was left was the bones.
    fail.
    though...
    i'm not opposed to trying again and these look fab!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!