A Photo A Day

Jan 8, 2013

This year I'm working on my photography skills. I may or may not do anything with it beyond my own enjoyment, but I really want to push myself and get better. I also want to become best friends with my camera. Right now we get into fights. Mostly because it doesn't always do what I tell it to. This year that is going to change. My camera will behave! My camera will learn to listen to me. My camera will see the world the way I see it. There is beauty around every corner. And I will learn to communicate what I want with my camera.

To help myself achieve this goal of honing my photography skills, I've started a photo a day project. One picture every day for 365 days. Also, the photo must be taken with my DSLR (since that is the thing I'm trying to bond with), no iPhone photos allowed! This is going to be hard, I can already feel it. I'm only on day 8 and already I'm wondering if I'm going to make it. It's nearing the end of my day and I'm wondering what I should photograph. Some days it's easy. Some days my subject jumps into view and I know exactly what I want a picture of. Other days it's very hard, I have to actually look for things to take pictures of. But I suppose that's all part of the challenge.

If you want to follow along with my photography adventure I've started a separate blog for it, A Photo A Day (clever, I know), where I'll post the different things I find. So far, this has been my favorite picture I've taken. 34 weeks and counting, my dear bloggy friends!


If you're doing a 365 photo challenge this year PLEASE leave me a link in the comments. I would love to follow you through it! It will also help motivate me knowing I'm not the only one.
xo Sue

1 comment:

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!