Fried Pickles & Greek Yogurt Ranch

Sep 28, 2012


Word of advice: When you're pregnant and hungry do NOT get on Pinterest. You've been warned. With that being said, these were delicious- and easy. Easy is the most beautiful word when it comes to cooking. When it comes to every day cooking I always prefer to keep it simple. Today I had a craving for crunchy pickles and since I no longer live in Salt Lake City where I can stop in at Squatter's any time that craving strikes I had to visit Pinterest and find a recipe for myself. This recipe for fried pickles is the one I used and it turned out better than I had hoped. I only made about 25 of them but they were gone within minutes of Aaron sitting down next to me. 

Fried Pickles
  • dill pickle chips
  • 1 cup beer
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • cooking oil
Pour oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Whisk together beer, eggs, & flour to make the batter. Dip pickle chips in the batter, then fry them in the skillet until they're golden brown on both sides. Serve warm.




Aaron prefers his fried pickles plain but I like a little something to dip mine in. Unfortunately, baby girl is picky and won't let me eat most dressings/dips because they're just too rich for her. I found this recipe for greek yogurt ranch that literally took me two minutes to make and was better (and MUCH healthier) than any ranch I've ever had out of a bottle. I'll never go back. This dressing was great for both dipping my fried pickles and topping a homemade salad.

Greek Yogurt Ranch
  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix (dressing, NOT dip)
Whisk together in a bowl and chill 1 hour before serving.

xo Sue

7 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I love fried pickles and ranch and I cannot wait to try this! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I have to make those. I eat pickles like you wouldn't believe. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good, I'm going to try and alter this to be gfcf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would die over these thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh crap. You just said fried pickles and easy in the same sentence and now I'm trying to think if I know of a bodega that sells pickles and beer at 3 in the morning just so I can make these right now... Fried pickles are like one of my favorite things in the world... I so didn't need to know that these were easy to make... crap crap crap...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the local restaurants in town sell fried pickles and they are beyond amazing!!! I need to try the Greek yogurt ranch!! Sounds easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fried pickles!? I have never tried these, but now I really want to. I like pickles (or gherkins, as I would call them) and I like fried. Hmmm....excellent. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!