A Beach Trip

Sep 3, 2012

I've tried several times in the past few weeks to sit down at my computer and write a semi-coherent blog post. Obviously that has not happened. But to me blogging has always been about following what's in my heart and if I have nothing to share then I have to accept that and move on. My original blogging break was completely unplanned. Our pregnancy was not a planned one (but we're very excited!) and it snuck up on me pretty quickly. One day I was completely fine and the next I couldn't even move from the floor next to the toilet. It was a huge adjustment for me since I'm someone who likes to be constantly on the move and active. I had to learn to listen to my body and when it said STOP I had to do that. It's not an easy thing though! But no matter what my body has to go through to create this little miracle, I am so grateful for the baby growing inside me. I never realized how much I was looking forward to being a mom until it was right there in front of me. I've been trying to keep things updated on a baby blog I started for my family but even that has been a challenge. For some reason pregnant Sue does not like looking at a computer screen very long. It makes me so sick so quickly! But I'm trying. And that's all I can really do. 

Two weeks ago my bff Jess came to Japan to visit so I was actually forced to leave the house and act like a human. I think I did okay even if I got tired after only a short time. I took lots of fun pictures though and we did some great projects so I'm going to (try to) share them in the next few weeks. For now I'll just show off one of my favorite beaches in Japan so everyone can wish they were here too. Please don't be jealous of my insanely hot hair in the second picture. Most days I don't even have the energy to blow dry!

7 comments:

  1. I love the pics and am super jealous of your hair ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember dragging a kitchen chair into the bathroom so I could sit while I dried my hair! Being pregnant is hard, but I promise it's worth it. I hope your sickness eases up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about that first trimester is TIRING. I never nap (NEVER). But first trimester? I was ALL OVER the napping. But I promise that it WILL end!! :) You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pictures! Hope the pregnancy gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see your post - I missed you! Glad that you had a nice visit with your friend :) Love the photos! I remember the complete exhaustion during the first trimester. Awful. And the constant peeing, good grief! I hope you the nausea has gone away, or is getting better, for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see you posting again, and am glad that you're healthy and well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing beach!
    hopefully, your hormones will start getting into sync and the yuckiness will subside.
    i loved feeling hailee move around inside me.
    take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!