Sometimes, Love Changes You.

Dec 5, 2011

"But we need fairytales. Without them, where is the hope for a happy ending?"

I have always been the independent one. The oldest child, I take charge and get things done. I nurture and care, even when it's not reciprocated. I'm the one who makes the effort, who puts together the parties, the girls nights and the get-togethers. I love being this way.

Then along comes this man. He is just a normal man in some ways. He likes to play video games, watch football & eat pizza. He works hard, plays hard & sleeps a LOT. But there's something different about him. 

He cares.

He likes to take care of me too. He likes to surprise me with my favorite treat or a hug from behind when I'm not expecting it. He likes to cook me dinner and rub my neck when I get my headaches. Mostly he just likes to remind me that I am loved. For me it has always been easier to love someone then to let them love me. But I'm learning. And sometimes, when it's real & true & magical, love changes you.

I prefer to think of this as my happy beginning.


1 comment:

  1. I loved this. <3 So glad you found something good like that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!