Stream of Consciousness

Apr 19, 2013

I've had so much swirling around in my brain lately. Truly, becoming a mom has changed my entire perspective on the world. I think it's made me a much happier and more mellow person than I used to be. I don't let the little things stress me out (usually). I worry about the big things. Everly. Aaron. Myself. As long as we're all happy at the end of the day I must be doing something right. I promise a few posts with some sort of substance coming soon. Maybe. To all you mommies who have your babies and still have it all together? You are awesome. I feel accomplished if I manage a load of laundry (yay cloth diapers!) and washing the dishes all in one day. To be fair I have to hand wash my dishes because Japan doesn't believe in dishwashers. So I score an extra point there.

I went to lunch with a friend today. Everly was perfectly happy and content and adorable. Until allofthesudden she wasn't. It was like a switch and she was going to scream her little lungs out because suddenly all her needs were not being met. Poor thing. Luckily she has a mom who is brave or maybe crazy. I have no problem throwing on my nursing scarf (not because it makes others uncomfortable to see my boob in public but because I prefer it that way) and continuing to walk as we nurse. I feel a little bit proud that I've mastered nursing in public. Sitting, standing, and walking. In or out of a baby carrier. Don't worry, I only have 6 baby carriers. I'm not completely insane. It was intimidating the first time breastfed in public. I was afraid I'd drop my baby. Then I realized that was silly because I don't usually drop my baby so why would I start now? I felt better after that.

Obviously this has turned into a stream of consciousness post. I think this is exactly how I sound when I'm on the phone with Shelly. "Blah blah blah and then Everly smiled and made my day." That's pretty much all it takes lately. She's that cute. And because I love you, I'll share her cuteness. Just a little though.

cloth diapers rule / baby legs are the cutest / mom wears everly out / lady lunch date / best passport pic ever

xo Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!