Wanelo

Jul 25, 2012

I know, I know, I've been completely MIA lately. I've been so very sick that looking at a computer screen for longer than a few minutes is such a strain lately. My mom says that moody & hormonal is the new happy & carefree and I should write anyway so I promise to do my best! Today I have a fabulous guest sharing the joy of Wanelo. Never heard of it? Read on!

***********************************************

Hello loyal As It Seems readers!  Boy do I have a treat for you today.  Oh yes, introductions. That's me, Shane,  down there.
I write over at Whispering Sweet Nothings & craft jewelry at WhisperingSweetly. Please pop by and introduce yourself, I love new visitors :) Now on to the good stuff. Find unique products. And stores you've never heard of. Yes it's like pinterest, only better.  Kind of an Etsy/Pinterest mash-up of sorts. 
A mix between Pinterest and Etsy? This is too good to be true. Wanelo (a combo of "Want, Need, Love") is a social store where users post, collect, and organize products and follow people and stores they like. To use Wanelo, you post your fave product finds from any online store. You can also browse others' finds and save them. And if people like your taste (and they obviously will), they will follow you.

Ever find a darling lace skirt or accessory on pinterest but no link to buy it from? The ultimate letdown, right? Here's a few gems from my Wanelo "wishlist":
Positives about Wanelo in comparison to Pinterest
~ The focus is only on products that are for sale vs Pinterest you can post any image.  
~When you post a url it makes a unique pin, any attempts to post the same url will direct people back to the original pin. This means that all the attention gets focused on the one Wanelo page about that product, no duplicates!
~ As people repin your product it gets associated with other more popular items. People will start to see your item in others wish lists as they look at other things.

~It's perfectly okay (and encouraged) to post your own products  And in fact, (though Etsy individual shops owners don't have this feature yet), if 5 items are posted to the site then the creator of the items then gets their own "store" on Wanelo. At this time Etsy as a whole has its own shop and Wanelo developers are looking into how to separate it out for shop owners.
Just like Pinterest, your saved products will be presented in a beautiful visual grid - you won't be able to resist looking at the pretty images (or clicking "Save It" on everyone else's.)Organize your products into multiple themed collections like products for your home or cool jewelry finds. It's like a one-stop online window shopping paradise. This is truly the best kind of distraction.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great way to give people a birthday wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love that cupcake ferris wheel! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!