No Makeup

May 13, 2015


I'm coming up on an accidental anniversary. It's been almost three years now since I stopped wearing makeup on a regular basis. It wasn't something I planned or set out to do, but I am so glad that it happened. 

When I was pregnant with Everly I was so very sick to the point that looking in the mirror to put on mascara was completely out the window. And so I stopped doing it. Then I started to feel better when she was born, but I always had a little person to take care of. And to be honest, I would always rather play with her than put on makeup. So a year went by and I hardly ever put on makeup. It had slowly but surely become my normal state. Now when I look in the mirror I look unfamiliar when I have mascara on (let alone anything else!). Yes, the makeup can enhance my natural beauty, but by ending my everyday relationship with makeup I've realized something: no amount of makeup can make me beautiful if I don't already feel it inside.

I loved Amy Schumer's video "Girl You Don't Need Makeup" and her #girlyoudontneedmakeup following that came from it. If you want a hilarious take on our culture give it a watch!

xo Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!