A Sacred Doula Retreat

Oct 22, 2014

A few weeks ago I wrote about the Sacred Pregnancy Retreat in Toronto that I was able to attend. To make it even better I was able to attend it back-to-back with a Sacred Doula Retreat. All I can really say to that is WOW. It was an honor to attend two retreats together, to photograph both retreats, and to share the experience with some amazing women.

Sacred Doula is a one-of-a-kind training for doulas. Lorie McCoy is a brilliant teacher, infusing modern day doula techniques and knowledge with the beauty and reverence of Sacred Pregnancy. She brings to life the meaning of living the Beauty Way. We trained in practical, hands-on techniques for assisting our clients during labor and learned from our very experienced doula guru! Having been to two previous doula trainings (through different programs) and practicing as a doula for over a year, I wondered how much I would really learn at Sacred Doula. I was very happily surprised! I received so many valuable tools and techniques. This training is so well rounded and comprehensive and gave me a confidence in my doula skills that I didn't have before. And after four days spent living, learning, laughing, and even crying with these women, I walked away with a new circle of sisters who love and support me even from far away. If Sacred Doula calls to you GO! It's truly a life changing experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!