Just Dance.

Mar 10, 2011

I hate the gym. I said it. In fact, I hate the gym so much that I will come up with any excuse for myself not to go there. I start each day by telling myself that the gym is on the list of things to do today. I usually make it there 3 times a week. 3 of 7 isn't exactly a perfect record. 

When I was in high school I had a simple solution to this problem. I was a dancer. Some of you may think that dancing is not "working out" but you would be very wrong. Trust me, it's not something just anyone can do. We worked for hours a day to be amazing. It was well worth it. And dancing was my workout. 

After high school came college. While being in college I've always tried to take at least one dance class a semester, mostly because I absolutely love to dance. I'm that weirdo that puts headphones in and dances across campus from one class to the next. I have a very hard time listening to music without moving my body to the beat in some way, even if it's just bopping my head up and down. So of course my stress relief class is dance

But in the past year I haven't been in dance classes and I have such a hate-hate relationship with the gym that I've felt a major lacking in my life. Thankfully someone out there in the universe felt my pain and decided to help me out a little bit first by inventing the xbox kinect and second by creating the game dance central. It has almost every style of dance imaginable. I can hip hop or I can salsa. I can even do the Soulja Boy dance (and I'm amazing at it!) I play this game almost every day for at least half an hour. I dance around my living room every morning and I love every second of it. The dancer in me is so happy! Yes, I still drag my butt to the gym because let's be honest, it's good for me. But even when I don't get there I feel good about myself because I go a little crazy in my own private dance club.

1 comment:

  1. To heck with the gym if you've got that thing!! Dancing is so good for you! And if it's what you love, I would bag the gym all together!! But that's just me =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my wonderful readers. Leave me your thoughts here!